If you need a visa to the UAE, please check with your airlines company, as many of them provide online visa services. E.g.:
ttsuaevisas. com/ en/ global/ applying-for-visa-online
emirates. com/ uk/ english/ plan_ book/ essential_ information/ visa_ passport_ information/ prearranged_ uae_ visas. aspx
Another option is to purchase this service from the Nirvana travel agency, which has an office on NYUAD campus. Nirvana travel agency can apply on your behalf to obtain a tourist visa as follows:
The UAE Tourist visa is a Single Entry visa which is valid for 30 days stay and the cost is AED500.00 per person (non-refundable and non-transferable). The visa process takes 3-5 working days and can be applied within 14 days prior to the date of arrival in UAE. Required documents:
- Color Photo with white background.
- Clear Color copy of passport containing details of the traveler (Passport no, Date of issue and expiry of passport, Date of Birth, etc).
- Personal Information Data; the corresponding travel agent will ask you to fill out a form.
Travel & transportation
The closest airport to the NYUAD Campus is the Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH) with a distance of 36 km. Dubai Airport (DXB) is 145 km away from the NYUAD Campus. Taxis are the most convenient means of transportation from/to the airport. There is also public bus transportation.
Abu Dhabi Airport
- Meter Starting Fare (Flag Fall): AED 25.00
- Every 1 km up to 50 km (6am-10pm): AED 1.60
- Every 1 km up to 50 kms (10pm – 6am): AED 1.69
- Every 1 km over 50 kms: AED 0.09 extra
- Every 1 minute of waiting time (first 5 minutes free): AED 0.50
AUH Public Transit
Timings: Every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day.
Cost: One-way fare is AED 4.
Emirates Complimentary Shuttle (from DXB to Abu Dhabi)
Cost: free of charge for Emirates Airlines customers.
Buses (usually 2 buses to get to Abu Dhabi)
There are multiple bus lines:
- http://dubai-buses.com/pdf/bus%20routes_english_15Apr2016.pdf (orange route)
- http://www.rta.ae/dubai_metro/ to Ibn Battuta Station
Cost: between AED 30 and AED 50
Timings: Trains run roughly every 10 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3. Services start 5.50am (5.30am on Thursday), and stop at midnight (1am on Thursday/Friday). Please note there is no service on Friday mornings and only starts at 1pm.
We have blocked rooms in the following hotels with the rates listed below. The rates are valid until February 28, 2017 for stay during April 1-7, 2017.
Park Hyatt is located by the beach on Saadiyat Island (where the NYUAD campus is located also) and is 3-4 minute driving distance away from the conference venue.
A shuttle bus will pick up the conference attendees from Beach Rotana and Southern Sun Hotels between 8:00-8:20 am. Please make sure you are ready at 8:00 am, as the shuttle bus may leave any time between 8:00 am and 8:20 am. There will also be a shuttle bus from the conference venue back to the hotels after the last session on each day, except for Tuesday; the buses will depart after the social event dinner on Tuesday.
Point of contact in case of any issues is Nirvana Travel Agency.
Hotel: Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi
Room Type: Park Room
- AED 1035 per room per night incl breakfast Single Occupancy ($282)
- AED 1155 per room per night incl breakfast Double Occupancy ($314)
Use Corporate Code : G-VR53
Hotel: Beach Rotana
Room Type: Standard Guest Room
- AED 690 per room per night incl breakfast Single Occupancy ($188)
- AED 750 per room per night incl breakfast Double Occupancy ($204)
Hotel: Southern Sun
Room Type: Deluxe Room
Rate: AED 375 per room per night without breakfast ($102)
Other hotels (4 or 5 stars)
- Ramada (Mina Road, Tourist Club Area) 10 km
- Rosewood (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 12 km
- Sofitel (Capital Plaza Complex, Corniche) 13 km
- St. Regis (Saadiyat Island Resort, Saadiyat Island) 3 km
- Four Seasons Hotel (Sowwah Square, Al Maryah Island) 13 km
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi (Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi) 13 km